President Zelenskyy said a delegation headed by national security chief Rustem Umerov was on its way to "swiftly and substantively work out the steps needed to end the war".
They are due to be greeted by US secretary of state Marco Rubio, Donald Trump's special envoy Steve Witkoff, and the US president's son-in-law Jared Kushner, a senior US official told Reuters news agency.
After the US-Ukraine talks, an American delegation is expected to travel to Moscow to meet President Putin.
It comes after Mr Trump released a 28-point proposal last week that would hand swathes of land to Russia and limit the size of Kyiv's military.
It was widely seen as heavily favouring Russia and led Mr Zelenskyy to swiftly engage with American negotiators.
President Trump said on Tuesday his plan had been "fine-tuned".
In his evening address on Saturday, the Ukrainian leader said: "The American side is demonstrating a constructive approach, and in the coming days it is feasible to flesh out the steps to determine how to bring the war to a dignified end."
Mr Zelenskyy's team in the US is without his former chief of staff and lead negotiator, Andrii Yermak, as he quit on Friday after officials raided his home amid a corruption scandal.
Tankers hit by 'Sea Baby' drones
Ukrainian drones were shown hitting two of Russia's so-called "shadow fleet" oil tankers in the Black Sea in footage released on Saturday.
Friday's attack was carried out by the country's security service and its navy, an official told Reuters. They said both ships "sustained critical damage" that took them out of service.
A security source told Associated Press that domestically-made "Sea Baby" drones were used.
The tankers were under sanctions and heading to a Russian port to load up with oil destined for foreign markets, the official said.
They have been identified as the Kairos and Virat.
Read more:
Who is Steve Witkoff, the property mogul seeking a peace deal?
Analysis: Trump's peace plan had Russian fingerprints all over it
The 274m-long Kairos suffered an explosion and caught fire en route from Egypt to Russia on Friday, Turkey's transport ministry said. The crew was evacuated.
The Virat was reportedly struck about 35 nautical miles offshore.
It was attacked by unmanned vessels and sustained minor damage to its starboard side, the Turkish ministry said.
Russia deploys a fleet of often ageing, uninsured and unmarked tankers to circumvent sanctions on its oil exports, which continue to help pay for the Ukraine war.
Another Ukrainian attack halted operations at an oil terminal near the Russian port of Novorossiysk on Saturday.
Andriy Kovalenko, from Ukraine's National Security and Defence Council, said special forces were responsible.
"Naval drones managed to destroy one of the three oil tanker berths of the Caspian Pipeline Consortium in the Novorossiysk area," he wrote on Telegram.
Six killed in aerial attacks on Ukraine
Russia carried out another onslaught on the Ukrainian capital overnight into Saturday, firing 36 cruise and ballistic missiles and launching around 600 drones.
Officials said three people were killed in and around Kyiv, two in the Dnipropetrovsk region and one in a midday attack in Kherson region in the south.
Mayor Vitali Klitschko said 29 others were injured in Kyiv, largely due to falling debris from intercepted drones hitting buildings.
The attacks also hit Ukrainian energy facilities and left hundreds of thousands without power in the capital. Supplies have since been restored.
Targeting such infrastructure has become a familiar tactic from Russia over the winter, in what Ukraine officials say is the "weaponising" of the cold.
The weekend at least lent them time to pay tribute, and gave them some space to reflect.
People came in droves to lay flowers, so many a queuing system was needed.
Official books of condolences were also set up in multiple parts of the city.
It was the first day large teams of investigators were able to enter the site. Dozens of them in hazmat suits were bused in, their work the grimmest of tasks.
Every so often you could see a flashlight peep through the window of an upper blackened window, a reminder that the fire services are still undertaking dangerous work.
But the reach of the authorities is ramping up here.
Yesterday a grass roots aid distribution centre was the vibrant heart of the response.
They received notice at 4am that they needed to pack up and move on. By 10.30am, the mountains of donations were gone, residents watched on, bewildered.
The task apparently will be handed over to professional NGOs.
"I think the government's biggest concern is due to some past incidents," one organiser tells us. "They may liken this to previous events. The essence looks similar."
She's careful with her words, but she's clearly hinting at major pro-democracy protests that were crushed by authorities in 2019.
Any sort of mass gathering is now seen as a risk, the system is still very nervous.
And they might well be because people here are angry.
What, they ask, did the government know? What did it choose to ignore?
Indeed, Sky News has learnt that residents raised their fears over fire safety connected to extensive renovations on Wang Fuk Court as early as September 2024.
They flagged the suspected flammability of green nets being used to cover the building.
An email response from the Labour Department was sent a few months later to Jason Poon, a civil engineer-turned-activist, who was working with residents. It insists that "the mesh's flame retardant properties meet safety standards".
But many clearly didn't believe it. Posts spanning many months on a residents' Facebook group continued to voice their fears.
When a much smaller fire broke out in the city last month, one resident posted: "All the materials outside are flammable, I feel really worried."
"I feel that same way" another replied. "The government has no sense of concern."
For Poon, who dedicates much of his time to fighting lax safety standards in Hong Kong's construction industry, the whole experience has been devastating.
"They knew all the maintenance was using corner-cutting materials, but they didn't do anything," he says.
"This is a man-made disaster."
We put these allegations to Hong Kong's Labour Department but they have not yet responded to our request for comment.
Grief may still be the prominent force here, but anger is not that far behind.
The British Transport Police (BTP) said officers responded to reports of a casualty on the tracks in Burton Joyce, Nottinghamshire, just after 7pm on Wednesday.
In a statement on Saturday, BTP said Joshua Travis, 14, died at the scene.
His family said in a statement: "Josh was a lad with an incredibly (sic) energy for life, an infectious and mischievous smile, kind sparkling eyes, and so much love to give.
"He leaves a gap in our lives that is and will always be impossible to fill, and we will miss him forever."
Nottingham Forest Academy also paid tribute to the 14-year-old on social media, saying: "Everyone at Nottingham Forest is deeply saddened to learn of the tragic passing of our former academy goalkeeper Josh Travis.
"Our thoughts are with Josh's family and friends at this extremely difficult time."
Aspire Football Coaching said on Facebook that it will postpone all of its games after the death of Travis - their under-15s goalkeeper.
"Josh was a fantastic goalkeeper and a great character in the group," the coaching school added. "Everybody that came across Josh described him as a pleasure to have around with his polite and funny nature.
"Josh made a real impact in his age group, both as a footballer but more importantly as a person and will be sorely missed at the club."
Read more from Sky News:
Dozens of flood alerts across England and Wales
Luke Littler reflects on his rise to fame
PM's rap battle with Sky's Beth Rigby goes viral
The BTP said in a statement that the incident is not being treated as suspicious.
Sky News has contacted the Rail Accident Investigation Branch for comment.
A statement from United Agents said: "We are deeply saddened to announce that our beloved client and friend, Tom Stoppard, has died peacefully at home in Dorset, surrounded by his family.
"He will be remembered for his works, for their brilliance and humanity, and for his wit, his irreverence, his generosity of spirit and his profound love of the English language.
"It was an honour to work with Tom and to know him."
King Charles said in a tribute: "My wife and I are deeply saddened to learn of the death of one of our greatest writers, Sir Tom Stoppard. A dear friend who wore his genius lightly, he could, and did, turn his pen to any subject, challenging, moving and inspiring his audiences, borne from his own personal history.
"We send our most heartfelt sympathy to his beloved family. Let us all take comfort in his immortal line: 'Look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else'."
Sir Tom's entertainment career spanned more than six decades, in which he won a host of Tony and Olivier awards, as well as the Golden Globe and Academy Award with Marc Norman for their 1998 screenplay Shakespeare In Love - starring fellow Oscar-winner Gwyneth Paltrow.
His work, known to blend intellect, emotion and humour, often explored philosophical and political themes, challenging societal norms to remind audiences of the power of thought.
His other award-winning plays included Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead, The Real Thing and Travesties.
The playwright also wrote prolifically for TV, radio and film, including adapting Leo Tolstoy's novel Anna Karenina for the 2012 film starring Keira Knightley and Jude Law, and TV series Parade's End with Benedict Cumberbatch and Rebecca Hall - adapted from novels by Ford Madox Ford.
He received countless accolades and honours during his career, including being knighted by the late Queen for his services to literature in 1997.
He won the David Cohen Prize For Literature in 2017, following in the footsteps of laureates Harold Pinter, Hilary Mantel and Seamus Heaney.
Sir Tom released his semi-autobiographical work titled Leopoldstadt in 2020 - set in the Jewish quarter of early 20th century Vienna - which later won him an Olivier award for best new play and also scooped four Tony awards.
The West End play, which featured his son Ed Stoppard, also saw him honoured by PEN America, the literary and human rights organisation, which handed him the Mike Nichols Writing for Performance Award.
From refugee to playwrighting sensation
Sir Tom was born Tomas Straussler in Czechoslovakia, but fled and changed his name amid the Nazi occupation, finding refuge in Britain in 1946.
He became a journalist in Bristol in 1954 before becoming a theatre critic and writing plays for radio and TV, including The Stand-Ins, later revised as The Real Inspector Hound, and Albert's Bridge first broadcast by BBC Radio.
His career took off with hit play Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead, which premiered at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 1966, before it was produced for the National Theatre and on Broadway, winning four Tony awards in 1968 including best play.
Sir Tom began advocating on behalf of Soviet and Eastern Bloc dissidents after writing Every Good Boy Deserves Favour, a play inspired by his friendship with Viktor Fainberg, who had been imprisoned in Czechoslovakia by the Soviets.
Much later, in 2002, his trilogy of plays set in 19th century Russia, The Coast Of Utopia, were staged at the National Theatre.
His most recent plays include Heroes, Rock 'n' Roll and The Hard Problem.
The two brothers died when a drone struck close to a school sheltering displaced people near Beni Suhaila, staff at Nasser Hospital said.
The boys, Fadi Abu Assi, 11, and Goma Abu Assi, eight, were gathering firewood for their wheelchair-bound father, according to their uncle, Mohamed Abu Assi.
He said: "They are children...what did they do? They do not have missiles or bombs, they went to gather wood for their father so he can start a fire."
At the funeral, the boys' father wept over one of his children, whose white shroud was peeled back to show his face.
Asked for comment by Sky News, the IDF responded: "Earlier today, IDF troops identified two suspects who crossed the yellow line, conducted suspicious activities on the ground, and approached IDF troops operating in the southern Gaza Strip, posing an immediate threat to them.
"Following the identification, the IAF eliminated the suspects in order to remove the threat."
It comes less than two months after a 20-point peace deal, brokered by US President Donald Trump, took effect in October.
Now Hamas is calling on mediators to pressure Israel to stop violating the ceasefire.
Israel, which accuses Hamas of breaking the ceasefire itself, says its strikes are aimed at militants violating the truce.
At least 352 Palestinians have been killed since the ceasefire took effect on October 10, according to Gaza's Health Ministry.
The Hamas-run ministry, which does not differentiate between civilians and combatants, says the death toll from Israel's offensive in Gaza has now passed 70,000.
Israeli officials have questioned the accuracy of the figures, accusing Hamas of exaggerating the numbers, though the militant group denies this.
Read more:
'Almost two children a day killed in Gaza'
Gaza: It's impossible to imagine people still living here
The health ministry says it had refrained from adding thousands of reported deaths to the official tally pending further checks.
Now with a shaky ceasefire in effect, officials claim they can take advantage of the relative calm to search for the dead.
The UN has previously described the ministry's figures as "credible".




